Have you thought that you would like to get more involved in your community and volunteer for an organization? If so, thank you! It feels great to give back and help out others in your community. Most of us may do this already, but we may do it without much knowledge of what a volunteer and/or board member really should be doing.
Here’s a 2-part webinar that will dive into the wonderful areas of both volunteerism and board service. Most people haven’t been told that there are roles and responsibilities of being either a volunteer or a board member. And then when they have a bad experience, it leaves a poor taste in their mouths. But it doesn’t have to!
In part 1 of a 2-part webinar series, we will look at what it means to be a volunteer and why it’s so important in our communities today. And we will get started on what it means to be a board member and what items you need to know about when you join a board.
You’ll learn the answers to these questions (and more)-
• Do you know the roles and responsibilities of a volunteer?
• How do you know what organization to select?
• What questions do you need to ask yourself before saying “yes”?
• What are the reasons you should want to volunteer (and a few reasons why you shouldn’t)?
And then, you want to make the next step and look for opportunities to become a board member of an organization, we will look at the following concepts-
• What types of boards are in our communities and what you need to look for?
• What research should you be doing when looking at board opportunities?
• Why do non-profit boards matter?
• Questions to ask yourself before saying Yes!
Host: Justin Shuler, SYTA Past President, Chair Nominating Committee
Facilitator: Bob Pacanovksy, Speaker and Trainer, Experienced Board Member